Has your child considered or already expressed interest in or aptitude for a career as a skilled automotive technician? If so, encourage them to learn more about this rewarding career.
If your son or daughter has already chosen to pursue a career as an automotive technician, rest assured, they are headed down a great path!
Did you know?
- While enrolled in A.T.A.P., apprentices are paid a minimum of $15 per hour.
- New Jersey entry level technicians earn an average of $47,120 per year, $10,000 high than the national average.
- The top 10% of New Jersey automotive technicians earn over $100,000 per year.
- These jobs are plentiful, local, and can’t be outsourced.
- New car dealerships offer great benefits and retirement plans.
- The average technician has little to no student debt when they graduate.
- New Jersey new car dealers employ over 8,300 technicians and will need 12,500 more by 2026.
- These jobs are more “tech” than “auto”, with technicians spending as much time behind a laptop as they do under the hood or chassis of a vehicle.