Eligible EVs Can Now Receive Cash-On-The-Hood Incentives Up to $5,000
The best-in-the nation Charge Up New Jersey electric vehicle incentive program is now back to help New Jersey residents make the switch to a plug-in electric vehicle. Starting TODAY, July 6, 2021 (until funds run out), consumers can earn up to $5,000 in cash-on-the-hood incentives toward the purchase or lease of a new, eligible EV at dealerships across the State.Charge Up New Jersey is a statewide, 10-year initiative to help the State reach its ambitious clean transportation goals by incentivizing Garden State consumers to make the switch to electric.To keep Charge Up New Jersey funding available for as long as possible each year, the Board of Public Utilities (BPU) has established a two-tier incentive eligibility, based on an EV’s final manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP):
- EVs with an MSRP up to $45,000 are eligible for $25 for each mile of all-electric driving range (determined by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency) ratings up to a maximum incentive of $5,000. Eligible EV models with 200+ miles of all-electric range receive the maximum amount.
- EVs with an MSRP between $45,000 and $55,000 receive $25 for each mile of all-electric EPA driving range up to a maximum incentive of $2,000. Incentives are limited to vehicles with a final MSRP less than $55,000.
Below are links to additional materials regarding the Charge Up New Jersey EV Incentive Program:
- BPU Launch Press Release
- Eligible Vehicles
- Charge Up New Jersey Talking Points
- Charge Up New Jersey Dealership Poster
- Charge Up New Jersey EV Incentive Terms & Conditions (As of 7-1-21)
- Charge Up New Jersey EV Dealer Guidebook
For more information and complete eligibility requirements, visit the Charge Up New Jersey program website HERE.
If your dealership offers battery electric or plug-in hybrid vehicles, a Dealer Principal, General Manager, or someone with financial authority MUST ENROLL THEIR DEALERSHIP(S) to participate in the Charge Up New Jersey EV incentive program!
IF YOU HAVEN’T ALREADY REGISTERED, it’s simple:
1) Review CSE’s webinar recording that shows you what is required to enroll.
2) Complete the Dealership Enrollment Form.
3) Check Email for Confirmation and Next Steps.
If you need to verify your dealership’s registration, please contact Brian Hughes at firstname.lastname@example.org.