Below are the required State and federal employment notices that should be posted in your facility. There are numerous companies online selling laminated versions that include all applicable notices.
Following is a list of the required New Jersey Employment Notices:
- New Jersey State Wage & Hour Law Abstract.
- Payment of Wages.
- New Jersey Unemployment Compensation and Temporary Disability Benefits Laws.
- Discrimination in Employment.
- Family Leave Act.
- Conscientious Employee Protection Act (Bi-Lingual).
- New Jersey Child Labor Law Abstract. (If minors are employed by dealership.)
- Schedule of Minors’ Hours. (If minors are employed by dealership.)
- New Jersey Paid Leave Program.
- SAFE Act (Domestic Violence Leave)
- Gender Equity Notice, English and Spanish.
- Reporting and Recordkeeping Requirements Under State Wage, Benefit and Tax Laws.
The latest versions of all required New Jersey posters are available here: https://lwd.state.nj.us/labor/wagehour/content/posters.html
Following is a list of the most commonly required federal employment notices:
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law [Includes Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA)].
- Federal Minimum Wage.
- Employee Polygraph Protection Notice.
- Federal OSHA “It’s the Law.”
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Right’s Act (USERRA).
- Family and Medical Leave Act.
- Employee Rights Under the National Labor Relations Act.
This list will meet the requirements imposed on most retail automotive dealerships. Federal laws require additional postings for employers in specific defined circumstances; for example, employers of migrant workers must post the Migrant and Seasonal Work Protection Act poster, some employers must post the Employee Rights under the H2-B Program poster. The federal Department of Labor has an interactive guide designed to assist employers with required posters they should display here: http://webapps.dol.gov/elaws/posters.htm.