The COVID-19 pandemic has shown dealers how important it is to prevent the spread of infectious diseases. New Jersey’s neighborhood new car and truck dealerships immediately responded, pledging to ensure the ongoing health and safety of customers and employees visiting and working at their 500+ facilities across the Garden State.
NJ CAR recently launched a free NJ CAR Clean training program and promotional effort. Dealers who participate in a brief online training session will help keep employees and customers safe and healthy and demonstrate the industry’s commitment to safe operations during the ongoing pandemic.
NJ CAR has taken CDC, OSHA and other guidance and created a comprehensive set of essential guidelines tailored specifically to the dealership environment. Participating dealerships adopt a written policy, effective cleaning and disinfecting strategies and receive training and resources to stop the spread of infectious disease, including COVID-19. NJ CAR Clean is the first dealership-specific pandemic and infectious disease prevention program that provides:
- A Dealership Essentials For Safe Operation During A Pandemic Manual– detailed guidelines to keep dealerships sanitized to protect customers and employees from infectious disease.
- Employee & Visitor Self-Certification Form
- Daily Cleaning Checklist (By Department)
- Workplace Infectious Disease Weekly Management Checklist
- Employee Training– online training and certification, upon successful completion. The training is intended to be taken by a single employee at each location.
- Dealership and Vehicle Stickers, Posters, and Hangtags that communicate safety expectations when at the dealership and the important measures taken to protect everyone.
- Vehicle Breakaway Seals placed over vehicle doors after cleaning and disinfecting, so customers know their vehicle was cleaned, sanitized, and sealed for maximum safety and protection.
- Checklists to make sure that your dealership stays on track.
Dealerships that complete the training will be certified “NJ CAR Clean” and will receive a starter kit of collateral materials to publicize their commitment to operating safely under these challenging circumstances.
For more information or to sign up for the NJ CAR Clean program, please contact Breanna Esquilin, NJ CAR Director of Workforce Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or Charles Russo, NJ CAR Risk Manager & Safety Specialist at email@example.com.
You can also visit the NJ CAR Clean consumer-facing page at https://njcar.org/safety or watch a very brief video to learn more about NJ CAR Clean and why it is important for dealers to ensure the health and safety of their employees and customers at https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=19&v=kZqok8ZIhM0&feature=emb_logo.