Shoveling Safety Tips
Dec 24, 2019
- Loosen up! Before starting, warm up your muscles for a few minutes, and stretch out the muscles in your arms and legs.
- Use the correct shovel for the task at hand, and pace yourself throughout the task.
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart and keep the shovel close to your body. Then, bend at your knees and tighten your stomach muscles as you lift the load on the shovel.
- If you need to lift the load to one side or the other, reposition your feet to face the direction you want the load to go.
- Take a few seconds to stretch and reposition. Keep tabs on your body and stop shoveling if you feel a strain or pain.