Deadline Extended To Sign Up & Host A USO Barbecue For The Troops Event On Saturday, July 15, 2017
Nearly sixty (60) dealerships have already signed up to participate in New Jersey’s first-ever USO Barbecue for the Troops event. All NJ CAR dealer members are invited to volunteer to host a community barbecue on Saturday, July 15, 2017. The purpose of the event is to raise money for the USO and the military families they support, as well as to highlight the charitable efforts of franchised dealerships in communities throughout the Garden State.
NJ CAR recently recorded a 30-second Public Service Announcement (PSA) that will run for the next several weeks on a variety of Comcast cable stations. You can view the PSA on the USO BBQ For The Troops webpage (http://www.njcar.org/usobbq).
- Commit to a $500 donation to the USO to kick-off the fundraising effort (sent directly to the USO AFTER the event, along with donations collected from attendees).
- Plan, market and execute your event on July 15, 2017.
- Collect and remit donations to the USO and report the total to NJ CAR.
NJ CAR Responsibilities:
- Create a public webpage (http://www.njcar.org/usobbq) listing all participating dealerships.
- Coordinate Statewide advertising, public relations and social media campaigns.
- Provide participating dealers with digital marketing and coordination materials.
If you would like to host a USO Barbecue for the Troops fundraiser event on July 15, 2017, simply complete and return the attached Registration Form by June 30, 2017. If you have any questions, please contact Brian Hughes, NJ CAR Director of Communications, at 609.883.5056, Ext. 315, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.