Year 3 of the Charge Up New Jersey Electric Vehicle (EV) Incentive Program went live on Monday, July 256, 2022. The 2022 version of the incentive has a $1,000 reduction in the maximum incentive available for eligible EVs with an MSRP under $45,000 (from $5,000 to $4,000). The maximum incentive for any eligible vehicle with an MSRP between $45,000 and $55,000 remains $2,000. Incentives are locked in at the time an eligible vehicle is ordered by an eligible individual, regardless of when the vehicle is ultimately delivered.
NJ CAR strongly encourages participating dealers to do the following:
- Order eligible EV product– Reach out to your OEMs and let them know the incentive program has returned and demand for EVs (already high) is expected to receive another boost in the Garden State.
- Access your Charge U New Jersey account on the dealership portal and update any information that is no longer current. NJ CAR staff recommends dealers:
- reconfirm or update who your Primary Point of Contact (POC) is for the program;
- reconfirm or update that your POC knows the dealership’s program password;
- reconfirm or update the employees listed on the ChargeUp New Jersey website as additional authorized contacts and verify they understand the incentive program;
- reconfirm or update any bank routing information (to ensure efficient reimbursement)
- Reach out to customers who have previously expressed interest in EVs and let them know the Charge Up New Jersey incentive has returned.
Also note these important log-on issues:
- If you use a different computer to log-in than was used to manage the program last year, you may be prompted to complete a 2-step verification process.
- Only the Primary Point of Contact may edit your dealership data.
- If you are changing the Primary Point of Contact, call ChargeUp NJ at 877-426-2474 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Charge Up New Jersey Terms & Conditions
Charge UP New Jersey FY23 SOP has information specific to NEW DEALERS (or any other dealers) who want to register for the first time.
If you have any questions, please contact Magdalena Padilla (email@example.com) or Brian Hughes (firstname.lastname@example.org).